May 25, 2016

Hello and welcome!

Hello and welcome to my brand new blog!

Let me introduce myself.  My name is Anthea, although you may know me as Forest Flower, and I am a knitter, designer and general all round crafty person who loves to create beautiful things with yarn, bake (and eat) scrummy cakes, read good books, potter in the garden and take lots of photographs.

I am no stranger to blogging having maintained a successful 'crafty mummy blog' - Tales from Mount Pleasant - for many years, but I have found myself more and more wanting to blog about something I love almost as much as my family. Something I can fully immerse myself into because the passion is strong. Plus my now 8 year old son is rather more reluctant to be photographed for humourous parenting stories/product reviews than he used to be!

I am starting fresh because it feels like the right thing to do (and I am ALL about the feels)

In this blog - knit.home - I hope to share with you one of my greatest passions: my love of yarn crafts. Knitting, primarily, but also crochet, felting, weaving and spinning and of course an appreciation for the yarn itself *. Although a life long knitter it is only in recent years my knitting mojo has pretty much taken over my creative life and the desire to discover new yarns and techniques and create new designs can almost be overwhelming.  I hope that this blog will enable me explore even further this more-than-just-a-hobby that makes me who I am.

Blogs are great  resource, full of ideas and inspiration and I hope to provide you, my lovely readers, with plenty of content to inspire you on your own fibre journey, wherever it may lead you. I hope also that you will share your journey with me so that we can grow and learn and enthuse about all the yarny goodness that is out there together! I know it's all a bit bare at the moment but let's look at it as a page full of potential just waiting to happen...

So please pop by again. Subscribe by email or follow me on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter for blog updates. Let's keep in touch. It could be the start of a beautiful friendship.



*yes this does possibly mean lots of stash related posts. I am not ashamed.

2 comments:

  1. I've think that after several years of writing a blog it's natural to want to change direction (I feel the same way about my blog). Looking forward to seeing how your new blog progresses. Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean! Thank you :) Well they say you should write about what you love and I really love yarn!!

      Delete

subscribe

Follow