June 23, 2016

Ravelry Round-up - Nine fab jewellery patterns.

One of the best things about starting a new blog has been planning lots of lovely features to include. The first of these is a regular Ravelry Round-up where, once a month, I share with you my picks from Ravelry.

This month, being the hater of waste that I am, I have mostly been looking at things to do with left-over yarn. You know, those little bits, 5 or 10g of a skein left when your project is done. Not enough to make anything substantial but too much to throw away. Now I know there are plenty of 'scrap blanket' designs out there - indeed one of my favourite long term projects, The Beekeepers Quilt, is perfect for using up the bits left over from sock knitting - but sometimes we want something we can knit up and use/wear/gift right now! And what better way of using up those luxury silk blends than in knitted and crochet jewellery?

Here is a selection of lovely designs from my Jewellery Favourites Ravelry bundle. I hope you like them! (You can see the rest here)

 1. Tassel Necklace by Ambah O'Brien 2. Seven Sisters Necklace by Brenda Burrell 3. Easy Knitted Bangle by Ambah O'Brien

I-cords make great jewellery - knit for as long as you want/until you run out of yarn, add a button and a loop and - ta-dah!a trendy wrap around bracelet. A perfect way to show case left over hand-dyed variegated yarns. Stack them, layer them or, in the case of Ambah O'Brien's fab necklace add a neon tassel and wear them around your neck! I adore Ambah's Easy Knitted Bangles too - just a few rows of stocking stitch knit in the round and allowed to roll over. I can see a whole stack of these on my arm very soon!

4. Knitted Knit Bracelet by Isobel Morainn  5. Blommer Bracelet by Helda Panagary 6. Autumn Leaf Earrings by Amy Yarbrough

 Oh I do love bracelets. The Celtic Knot inspired Knitted Knot Bracelet is all about those i-cords again. Helda Panagary's Blommer Bracelet is such a colourful treat for your arm and for those of you who make beaded jewellery as well (or like me, have dabbled and still have loads of kit) those delicate autumn leaf earrings are just adorable - be warned though this one requires teeny tiny crochet hooks but would be fabulous made in silky embroidery threads or fine silk lace weight yarn.

7. The White Flower Necklace by CreativeYarn  8. The Daisy Chain Kit by Frankie Brown  9. Tiny Rosettes by Melanie Larson

Finally something a little more delicate. Three sweet crochet patterns for summer days. I am totally in love with that Daisy Chain Kit - each daisy is individually worked with a little split in each stalk for threading them together, just like the real thing! And those tiny rose bud earrings are just perfect for those who like their jewellery on the more subtle side.

I hope you have enjoyed my first Ravelry Round-up. Have I tempted you by any of these patterns?
If you have never considered yarny jewellery do give it a go - it's the perfect way to use up those oddments and you still get to wear a little woolly wonderfulness even on the warmest of summer days!


1 comment:

  1. I do like the ear rings and I have some lace weight yarn to use up too. I think I might have some ear ring wires somewhere too. Somewhere being the operative word!

    ReplyDelete

subscribe

Follow